Intern - Mechanical Engineering
DRS Technologies provides leading edge products and services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Focused on defense electronics, we develop and manufacture a broad range of mission critical systems and components in the areas of communications, combat systems, battlefield digitization, electro-optics, power systems, data storage, digital imaging, flight safety and space. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at .
DRS Power& Control Technologies, Inc., is a leading supplier of high-performance power conversion and instrumentation& control systems for the U.S. Navy's combatant fleet. Products include ship electric propulsion equipment, power electronics equipment, high-performance networks, shipboard control equipment and control panels, tactical displays and specialty reactor plant instrumentation and control equipment. The Division designs, qualifies and manufactures products that help people every day on the ground, sea and in the air. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule, all employees work 80 hrs in 9 days and have every other Friday off.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
Job Location:Milwaukee, WI
The intern will be assigned a mentor and tasks to apply their advanced knowledge inmechanical engineeringto challenging real life applications for the mutual benefit of the intern and DRS. This is a paid internship.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create/Revise schematics and wiring diagrams
- Construct basic system electrical schematics using ECAD software
- Understand and can create engineering drawings
- Assist in development of proposal material
- Currently enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university and be at least at a Sophomore class level standing in a Mechanical Engineering program.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- professional presentation skills
- Attention to detail and clear communication skills (both written and verbally)
- Understanding of electromechanical power distribution systems
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- U.S. Citizenship, required
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of 3 phase power systems, power electronics, control systems, switchgear, motors, mg sets, programmable controllers, electromechanical energy conversion and synchronous machines.
- Military background a plus
- Ability to commit for 3 or more school terms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidatesmustbe able to meet the definition of a U.S. citizen and not have dual-citizenship and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment. #MCSS #JJS