RETTEW Associates is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Energy and Environmental Engineering group. This position can work in our Mechanicsburg or Lancaster office.
- Responsible for the complete mechanical design, e.g., piping, systems, etc., on a project or a section of a larger project.
- Depending on the type of project, may assist in development of equipment drawings and general arrangements.
- Works with PM and client, as required, to develop project deliverables, i.e., specifications and drawings, including Process Flow Diagrams, Process&Instrumentation Diagrams, and general arrangement drawing and details.
- Performs site visits to determine field conditions and gather reference drawings.
- May provide technical direction to less experienced mechanical/piping designers.
- May prepare conceptual designs and material take-offs for piping construction cost estimates, material procurement and tracking piping quantities.
- Interacts with other disciplines during design.
- May interact with external contacts.
- Frequently uses computer-aided design software and/or graphic tools.
- May be asked to develop effort hour estimates for proposals and forecast effort hours to complete work activities for project assignments.
- 10+ years of industrial design experience.
- PE License required
- Proficient use of Civil 3D CAD software preferred.
- Ability to coordinate internally with engineering design groups including process, mechanical, piping, electrical, controls and civil/structural engineers.
- Must have experience visiting industrial project sites and a good understanding of plant and safety requirements.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, required.